Friday, February 4, 2011

Newspaper Construction Attempt # 2

You might have noticed the title stating "Attempt # 2". That is because I was at the WASH building last semester doing the exact same thing. Why was I in the WASH building last semester you ask? I wanted to register for WASH last semester and believed I can get added into the class manually. But that's water under the bridge. My newspaper construction attempt # 1 was a success since it did not crumble under the pressures of the cinder block. What accounts for this success was the fact that the materials we were given were newspaper and tape. Not just any tape mind you. Duct tape! Attempt # 2 was an epic fail because I was hoping to build a larger structure than last semester. To my surprise, the tape was replaced with glue. Needless to say, my ambitions were crushed. I had a similar plan that I was ready to utilize as last semester which is to build squares but have cross structures to reinforce the squares through the middle. Trying to cross two pieces of rolled newspaper was not very successful with glue. Oh how i miss duct tape. You really don't appreciate things until they are gone :(

No comments:

Post a Comment